Thursday 3 June 2010

Manifesten Trolley Gallery

Just got in from a brilliant art/food event. We ate dinner sitting on an amazing installation, consisting of step ladders and eating up in the ceiling!


I'll post more later today......


Then later that day......


When i came in last night I felt I just had to tell someone what an amazing night I had, had. I've been thinking about it all today. I had dinner with 11 other people sitting on top of step ladders and very high stools, so we were close to the ceiling. The table was lowered from just over our heads.
Brilliant. The artists were there, one of which Caroline (Hobkinson) who cooked the beautiful food and made giant forks for us to eat with. (I gave up with mine and used my hands.)
We had the gorgeous a prosciutto or a Serrano, not sure which but the whole leg was carved in fine slivers and handed round. (by the gallery owner standing on another step ladder.) It had a dryish texture which made it even better.


Then Caroline had cooked a whole halibut, on a bed of sardines, samphire and baby tomatoes. The flavour was almost vanilla but savoury.







and.....warm asparagus was hoisted up to us on pulleys.....

Dessert was tiramisu (Timandsue) stencilled with the letters, Tim and Sue as a homage to the artists Tim and Sue Webster.



A negroni type cocktail with a garnish of rosemary sprigs, speared with glace cherrries......wine....a bonkers group of individuals.....beautifully made wooden structures......delicious people and just the food I want to eat.


Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant!


Oh yes and the conceptual side of it hasn't sunk in yet.


My jealousy for not being able to be there tonight is huge.


Oh yea and tiny sweetened cream filled little meringues hanging from black balloons.............











I've been thinking about the performance that took place in the yard of St Leonards Church in Shoreditch. I arrived in the churchyard early for the 7pm start. I wanted to carry on listening to my ipod but I decided to take in what was going on around me. I felt nervous and unsure whether I had got the right place. I sat on a raised kerb after taking a peek all round in case I was missing something. As I walked towards the other side of the church yard a very handsome man.......in a slim black suit and white, tieless, shirt........seemed to stare at me from a bench. 
Did I know him? Was he part of the gallery thingy. Maybe it's me he's after. Will my bike be ok? There's noone here I think may be here for a performance. Though even for a sunny evening, there are rather too many people in this churchyard. Do you think I look like someone that goes to a performance, in a churchyard? I then sat down on a raised stone kerb.

Eventually after me double checking the poster at the gate, (which gave no more info) a man and woman walked purposedly intot he churchyard clutching a liitle stack of white leaflets each.
I jumped up and it seemed blindingly obvious that they were (hopefully) from the gallery. Hannah, (from Trolley gallery) said something about me inspiring her to buy asparagus when I said my name was Annie. (twice) Something about subliminal thinking. I assume she had read my blog. 
It felt a bit surreal. But I think they were on my mailing list. I was confused and smiled weirdly at her.




No comments:

Post a Comment